- User can, at any time, delete the “cookies” using its browser. This option will allow the use of the Website without impact for the User, except in particular circumstances.
- The Client also acknowledges that they are informed that, during access to the Website, the information relating to frequency of access, to customisation of the pages, and to the operations made and the information consulted may be collected by BV SA through data processing techniques.
- BV SA may install “cookies” on the User's computer. A “cookie” records information relating to the computer User's browsing of the Website (the pages that the User consults, the date and time of consultation, etc.) that BV SA may read during subsequent visits by the User.
- The Client agrees to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and more particularly to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data in the country, jurisdiction, state and locality in which the Client resides.
- The Client shall be liable if he does not systematically log off from the Website by clicking the “Quit”/“Log-off” button in order to interrupt his secure session and to keep the information confidential.
- BV SA and/or its partners may not be held liable for the improper use of the Website by the User, for unavailability of the Website, and, in general, for any disturbance whatsoever that might result from difficulties related to the operation of the website (cases of force majeure, difficulties related to the structure of the telecommunications network, or to any technical difficulties, or any down times whatsoever for maintenance or failure).
- BV SA declines any liability for direct or indirect property damage or consequential losses, such as financial loss, loss of data, computer viruses or bugs, loss resulting from an error, or consequent arising from information consulted or downloaded on the Website, or loss or shortfall when any request or query is made or entered on the Website, and any damage or loss that might be consequent upon consultation of the Website, or upon use of the content of the Website by anyone whomsoever, as well as in the event of lateness in updating the information, or of errors or omissions in the content of these pages, in particular due to fraudulent alterations made by third party (intrusion, virus, etc.).
- Whilst BV SA endeavors to protect the security and integrity of sensitive personal information provided on the Website, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, BV SA cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
- BV SA acknowledges and guarantees that it, its subcontractors, and its suppliers shall comply with the laws and regulations applicable with regard to respecting privacy, and in particular shall comply with Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of personal data.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- BV SA undertakes to inform the Client of any established or suspected security-related incident, regardless of whether or not the personal data are involved or impacted.
- In spite of the procedures implemented by BV SA to ensure that the use of the Website is secure, third parties may fraudulently insert their links to other websites or to other Internet sources, or may even alter its content, without it being possible for BV SA to oppose such action instantly. In such a case, BV SA may not be held liable for such external sources and websites being made available, and cannot assume any liability as regards their content, and as regards whether the advertisements, products, services or any other material available on or from such external sources or websites are accurate, up-to-date, of good quality, exhaustive, relevant, or legal.
- The Client is informed and accepts that BV SA cannot maintain optimum security, even though BV SA undertakes to take all necessary steps to prevent any breach of the security system.
- The Client and the Users undertake not to hinder or to disrupt the operation of the Website.
- The Client acknowledges that they have the skill and resources necessary for accessing and using the Website. The Client also acknowledges that they have checked that: (i) the browser used does indeed make it possible to safely access the Website; (ii) that the computer configuration used contains no virus; and (iii) that it is in good working order.
TECHNICAL RESOURCES – SECURITY
- BV SA may, at its sole discretion, temporarily suspend the access to the Website or all or parts of the Contents for security reasons or for the purposes of maintenance, repair, servicing, and/or improvement of the systems. In such case, BV SA undertakes to perform such operations as quickly as possible.
- The Right of Access to the Contents is granted to the Client and its Users for i) a duration of three (3) years from the first connection to the Website or ii) until 15/03/2019 for all users who has bought the product before the 25/06/2018 or until the 12/03/2021 for all the rest.
DURATION OF THE RIGHT OF ACCESS
- Each party undertakes not to disclose and to keep confidential any information that is identified as being “confidential” and that is disclosed to them by the other party, and each party undertakes to ensure that the said information shall not be used in any way by either of the parties for their benefit or for the benefit of any third party, unless the other party gives them express written authorisation to do so.
- The Website allows the User to download and print certain Contents for a specific and personal use. All other Contents, unless otherwise specified, remain the property of BV SA and/or any of its affiliated companies. No Contents shall be modified, copied, distributed,, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without BV SA’s prior written consent.
- Any use of the Brands by the Client is strictly forbidden unless BV SA gives prior written authorisation for such use.
- “Bureau Veritas”, “Bureau Veritas Certification Bureau Veritas 1828”, and the other names, trademarks, and trade names, registered or otherwise (hereinafter referred to as the “Brands”) under which BV SA and its affiliated companies carry on their businesses are and remain fully owned by BV SA or by its affiliated companies.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY - CONFIDENTIALITY
- The Right of Access is given by BV SA to the User only to access the Contents, unless otherwise agreed by BV SA.
- BV SA reserves the right to change the Contents of the Website at any time and without any prior notice.
- Neither BV SA, nor Bureau Veritas, may under no circumstances be held liable for the loss of the login and/or of the password of a User or for fraudulent use of the login and/or of the password of a User to access the Website.
- Access to the Website is subject to each User using their login and password supplied by BV SA or Bureau Veritas. The logins and the passwords are personal, not transferable and cannot be used by several Users. The Right of Access is granted for personal use only.
ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
- “Website” means access to the URL lead.bureauveritas.com owned by BV SA.
- “Order Form” means Bureau Veritas’ standard Order Form to be completed by the Client setting out the right of access to the online self-assessment tool to be made available by Bureau Veritas to the Client.
- “Right of Access” means the right of access to the Contents which is granted by BV SA to the Client.
- “Contents” means any and all contents, including, without limitation, the ordered tool, pdf sheets and graphics generated by the Website using the data provided by the Client, reports, historical comparison, presentations, photos, notes, text, information, music, video, advertisements, appearing and/or made available on the Website.
- “User” means any individual designated by the Client and to whom a login and a password are allocated to access the Website.
- “The Client” means any individual or entity who purchased right of access to the online self-assessment tool from Bureau Veritas through an Order Form.
- “Bureau Veritas” means any entity member of the Bureau Veritas Group who has received an Order Form from the Client.
- “BV SA” means Bureau Veritas SA, incorporated as a “société anonyme” (joint-stock company) listed in the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under No. 775 690 621 and having its registered office located at 8 Cours du Triangle, 92937 Paris La Défense Tel.: +33 (0) 1 55 24 70 00